Become a Member
The number-one reason to join the Dana Parent Teacher Student Association ("PTSA") is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more advantages. Here are just a few:
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school. Discover Great Resources. Tap into a Network. PTSA programs and events provide opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, build rapport and discuss parenting issues that are on your mind.
- Watch yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTSA, you gain valuable experiences and personal confidence. It’s an opportunity to put your skills and hobbies to good use for a good cause.
- Speak Up. Because PTSA is a forum for exchanging ideas, you're encouraged to make suggestions and more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Help Your Child Succeed. PTSA fosters parent involvement. Parent involvement has been proven by three decades of research to be the greatest predictor of student success.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping to make positive changes. Local PTA/PTSAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, social events – all vital to a school’s success.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTSA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.